Plumbing Website Design that gets you more customers
Your Plumbing Website Is Central To Your Marketing
Your plumbing website is the central hub of your offline and online marketing. Many marketing roads eventually end up at your site.
Brochure Sites vs Lead Generating Plumber Websites
Getting traffic to your local plumbing website is a challenge, and it’s expensive. Worse still 98 of 100 visitors to most sites leave without connecting with the business.
Tom’s plumbing website looks fantastic with its beautiful stock pictures and graphics. It summarises his services and has a contact us page and a phone number on the site.
98 in 100 visitors who come to the site, leave again without contacting Tom's business.
Nick’s plumbing website also looks excellent, except it shows people who work in his business. It has details about each of his services, offers for the services, shows a prominent phone number in the heading, a booking form and live chat.
96 in 100 visitors who come to Nick’s site leave again without contacting Nick's plumbing business.
It’s only 2 in 100 different. But the big deal is that Nick’s lead acquisition cost is half of Tom’s so he's get a massive advantage.
A lead generating website is critical to success in marketing your plumbing business. Your plumbing website design needs to work as hard as you do. It’s going to be your 24/7/365 virtual sales engine….not a brochure.
Take the next step
Book a phone call or online meeting to discuss what your business, your goals and how we can help you.
How We Make Effective Plumbing Website Designs
Lead generating plumbing websites have several features that make them better than a brochure site at doing three things.
Deliver More Visibility In Google
If you don't show up on Google when potential customers are looking for a plumbing service you offer then you either miss out of traffic and visitors or have to pay for it via Google Ads.
Convert More Traffic To Enquiries
Higher visibility generates more traffic to your website. But the site needs to have built in conversion elements that get the visitor to contact you.
Help Convert Enquiries To Customers
People who become plumbing leads are not always in an emergency situation so they will come back to your website to reinforce any decision they might make
This means your Plumbing Website needs to be:
The Important Plumbing Website Design Elements
User focus involves understanding the needs of your website visitors and providing what they need, not just what you want to say. User focus means answering questions that run around in their head when they first come to the site:
- Am I in the right place?
- Can you help me?
- Why should I spend time looking further?
Successful, converting plumbing website design has the following elements.
Your site has less than 5 seconds to make a positive impression and answer the three questions above. So the design has to be top notch. And the messaging has to be right as well.
Research shows that 75% of consumers admit to making judgements on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design. And because people form impressions fast, 94% of first impressions are design-related.
Quality content matters but not initially.
Easy To Use
Some key things that your users are looking for are:
- Your phone number is easy to find on all pages of your website.
- It's easy to understand your services and what you offer.
- Clarity that you are a real business. Practically this means pictures of you and your staff and your trucks, not stock photos.
- An easy way to book a job with you.
- That it's easy for them to understand what makes you better and different than your competitors.
- Images and video about your business. Video is much more engaging and allows you to present your business to your prospective customer.
- It's easy to read your website pages. One thing that’s often overlooked is the choice of typography and set up of line length. There’s lots of evidence that long lines of text (more than about 15 words) are challenging to read.
- Good clear navigation.
Social proof is essential to your website visitors. Nobody truly believes what a business says about itself these days. Instead, they trust what other people say about your business.
When it comes to your plumbing website design, it's important your online reviews and testimonials on many pages of the website not just lump them all onto a testimonials or reviews page.
The majority of visitors to your plumbing website are going to be on a mobile phone. This means your site needs to be mobile-responsive. Not only that, but because Google understands the importance of the mobile phone experience, they use the mobile version of your phone in ranking pages of your website for plumbing search terms.
While mobile responsive web design is pretty much a given these days, it’s worth testing your website on the Google Mobile testing tool.
Fast and Secure
Most visitors to your plumbing website will be using a mobile phone on WiFi or mobile broadband. This means the speed your website is vital to your success in generating enquiries.
Website speed is a page by page thing, and each page needs to be optimised to get it to operate fast. The majority of people expect your website pages to load on their mobile phone in less than 2 to 3 seconds.
Your plumbing website also needs to be secure in that it is HTTPS not HTTP so communications to and from your website (especially forms) are secured. You can check to see that it shows the padlock icon in the Google search bar. This stops Google showing your site as Not secure in the search bar - a thing that will worry some customers like the one below.
Structure and Capability
How your site is structured, what it says and what it can do are vital to the success of your plumbing lead generation and growth.
The Right Content - Structured Properly
When we build your website we start with they keywords that are appropriate for your business and location. We map those keywords to each page on your site. Then focus on the many elements to make sure the SEO factors are dealt with so your customer and Google knows what services you offer. And in what location you offer those.
We build your website so it has the correct page structure to maximise visibility in Google so you get more visitors. This means:
We write and optimse pages for each of your services. It is not acceptable just dump all the services you offer onto one page. Each service you offer ultimately will need a page to describe the services you offer.
We write an optimse location pages for the locations you serve. It is essential that for every location that you service, there is a page that describes the services you offer in that location. These pages should be unique, which presents a challenge but is essential to do to help show up for searches like bathroom plumbing plus location.
The main cost of your plumbing website design is associated with writing and optimising content. This content will get you leads and customers for many years so it's an excellent investment.
If you are intending to do PPC advertising like Google or Facebook advertising is often more successful to have specific landing pages for each of these marketing activities and for the services you offer in those.
For example, if you’re going to advertise on Google for bathroom plumbing, drain clearing and emergency plumbing then it’s vital to the success of your Google ads that the visitor goes to a page that is specifically about that singular topic ie one for bathroom plumbing, one for drain clearing and one for emergency plumbing.
These pages are specifically designed to improve conversion from an advertisement about the same topic. This generally means that it’s not one of the pages of your website which have distracting elements like menus and other offers on them.
Your plumbing website design needs to be capable of operating landing pages.
And if you are thinking long term, you will need to publish content on your website from time to time, so a blog facility is also advisable.
Having blog capability makes it easy for you to post examples of the work you’ve done showing before and after pictures and describing what was that you did on the location that you carry out the job. The extra content demonstrates expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness of your business and your website. Google looks for this.
If you already have a website and want to repair it to work properly
Establish Plumbing Website
If you are just getting started with one or two suburbs
Growth Plumbing Website
If you want to grow and increase visibility in a number of locations
Each website includes:
- A specific number of pages. The number of pages vary see what's included but we are flexible with this.
- Keyword and search topic analysis for your business, services and location with each term mapped to a page on your plumbing website.
- Contact forms - style varies see what's included
- Custom website design including colours and fonts to suit your logo, custom page creating, a custom website header and footer, a custom tab icon (favicon).
- Mobile responsive design and page by page mobile design.
- Custom SEO for each page, plus footer and header.
- Click to call buttons.
- SEO friendly technology.
- Site speed optimsation.
- First year of SSL certificate.
- One year of our website care program to look after your site, keeping it up to date, fully backed up and free of malware.
- Google Analytics installation via Google Tag Manager, so you know what's going on on your site all the time, and have the flexility to add new tracking code to your site
- Set up of Google Search console connecting that to Google Analytics so you can easily see of there are any problems on your site.
- Social share and social follow icons and links to your social media properties.
- Extendable; you can add more pages, landing pages and blog posts after launch. E-commerce and chat bot capable.
- You own the site and have full control over it.
- Self update capability.
- Your choice of hosting and email systems.
Take the next step
Book a phone call or online meeting to discuss what your business, your goals and how we can help you.
Our designs are customised. Here’s why they are better for your business:
- We’ve worked with both custom designs and templates in the past. Templates (where you buy a template and pop your content into it) are an inferior solution that while cheaper, just build in long term problems. We want to help you grow your business, not build you a cheap (and ineffective) website. Here’s our rationale for taking this approach
- Custom design makes your plumbing website unique in the crowd. It’s hard enough to compete in plumbing marketing. A template looks cookie cutter. Whereas a custom, unique design gives your plumbing business another edge over your competitors.
- Custom websites are more going to be set up more effectively for search engines. It’s not just a case of buying a template and replacing the existing content with plumber content.
- A custom website is better able to reflect your business needs and build your company’s branding into it. This is also true for functionality of the website. A custom website can deliver all the functionality, scalability and future proofing you need.
Based on our experience, templated websites come with too many limitations on brand expression, functionality, and scalability. And given the biggest cost of an effective plumbing website is the cost of the content, a templated website will just end up costing you more down the line.
Every business needs to invest in marketing and websites are the foundation of your marketing, so why not choose the smartest option and build a custom website design to support all of your marketing? Having a website is important to your business success;
- 63 percent of consumers primarily use a company’s website to find and engage with businesses.
- Research by YP and LSA found that, 30 percent of people automatically strike a business from consideration if they don’t have a website.
- Research conducted at Stanford in 2002 found that 46 percent of consumers made their decision about a website’s credibility based upon its design, layout and typography.
- According to Moz’s 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors, the top 10 factors for appearing in organic Google search results are related to a business’s website or domain.
This is also true for plumbers. The majority of your new customers having an effective website is essential to standing out to these potential customers.
Having a well-designed, correctly populated, structured and optimised website helps you rank better in search engine results. This means if someone searches for “plumber near me,” your plumbing website site can be one of the first things they see in the results.
Your website also sets the first impression of you and your business, and 94% of the factors that impact that first impression are related to your website’s design.
If someone likes your website’s design and functionality, they’ll likely stick around longer and potentially become a customer. If your website creates a negative first impression, they may go to a competitor’s site instead.
We do. It's part of your payment for the website.
It's not just a simple matter of writing some content and hoping Google with think your website is the best answer to the question searchers ask. You need a plan.
That's why we start with an analysis of keywords and search terms that are right for your business. And that's why we then create a map of the keywords to each page on the website.
Then we involve you to understand if you have any specific points to get across and we then write the content. We use a team of professional writers who have experience in writing about plumbing to write each page of unique custom content for your business.
Over the years, we have learned what it takes to make the content effective. We know what to include, and how to set it up correctly for Google and your customers to understand what your plumbing business does and your service locations.
If you want, you can review and approve the content before it goes live, but we also understand that you are busy running a plumbing business and we can progress independently as well.
We typically take 3-4 weeks to build a plumbing website.
Frankly, the longest time is normally taken up by getting materials like your logo and getting approvals for design and content to go onto the website.
We can move faster if needed, and it's possible to lunch a website and keep adding to the content after it's live if that's best for your business.